The webinar is going live in 30 minutes. Quick! register and jump in. It will be worth it, I promise.
I will be presenting as part of the AIA KnowledgeNet global webinar on July 17th. Register and learn how 3D printing is changing the design industry forever.
The 3D Lab in SF is hiring…
There has been tremendous growth in NRI’s San Francisco 3D Lab in the past 9 months and I am now looking for a 3D Technical Specialist / Rapid Prototyper to assist in 3D printing production.
If you are in the San Francisco Bay Area or want to live here, and you have solid experience in 3D printing this position may be for you.
- 3D Technical Expertise: Hands on printing and finishing experience with Zcorp 3D printers is a huge plus but not required, 3D Scanning, file editing and file preparation experience is required. 3 Years of experience using SketchUp and Rhino in a 3D printing setting is required.
- Client Management: You easily establish outstanding and long lasting relationships with clients and potential clients.
- Analytical Skills: You think analytically and creatively to make the most of available data. You generate new ideas, takes risks, propose change, encourage innovation, and solve problems creatively.
- Communication: You communicate well both verbally and in writing; utilize appropriate medium for communication based on the situation, deliver effective presentations, share information and ideas with others and have exceptional listening skills. You have the ability to explain abstract / complex concepts to middle & upper management, both verbally and in writing, and influence behavior.
- Technical Knowledge & Skills: You easily adapt to new technologies; demonstrate required technical skills; use technology to increase productivity. Specifically, you have a 3D printing background, are knowledgeable in a broad range of industry software applications and an advanced user in at least one 3D modeling application. You know the technical aspects of the printing equipment and enjoy teaching.
I can tell you first hand that this is a very challenging job but also a very rewarding one. You will be doing something new every day (probably more like 5 new things every day, but that is a different story); you have the freedom to push the current boundaries of the current 3D printing technology and you are expected to do so each day to meet each of your client’s unique needs. If you are looking for a 9-5 job, this is not your cup of tea, but if you are up for the challenge, NRI has an excellent benefits and PTO package for a young professional.
If you are interested, check out the job posting below or visit the NRI careers page below:
Nervous Systems is doing some pretty cool things with 3D printing. Check it out.
Many of you may have been wondering why I haven’t been posting recently. Well, I have been setting up and running a 3D printing lab in San Francisco. Definitely not as easy as it sounds, but it is rewarding. As such, my blog will take a bit of a turn and concentrate a bit more on 3D printing for the near future.
One of the first things I wanted to share with you is this article someone sent to me. It really does a nice job of explaining scope of the impact that 3D printing will and is having on both the economy and on our future:
This stair reminds me a bit of the Spiral Stair by Wes McGee from Design Matter
[see previous post]
Here some of the photos of the recent project. More to follow soon. Also look for it on http://www.DesnFab.com
Designed and Fabricated by Jeremy Luebker Andrea Springer