NRI SF 3D Lab is hiring…
The 3D Lab in SF is hiring…
There has been tremendous growth in NRI’s San Francisco 3D Lab in the past 9 months and I am now looking for a 3D Technical Specialist / Rapid Prototyper to assist in 3D printing production.
If you are in the San Francisco Bay Area or want to live here, and you have solid experience in 3D printing this position may be for you.
- 3D Technical Expertise: Hands on printing and finishing experience with Zcorp 3D printers is a huge plus but not required, 3D Scanning, file editing and file preparation experience is required. 3 Years of experience using SketchUp and Rhino in a 3D printing setting is required.
- Client Management: You easily establish outstanding and long lasting relationships with clients and potential clients.
- Analytical Skills: You think analytically and creatively to make the most of available data. You generate new ideas, takes risks, propose change, encourage innovation, and solve problems creatively.
- Communication: You communicate well both verbally and in writing; utilize appropriate medium for communication based on the situation, deliver effective presentations, share information and ideas with others and have exceptional listening skills. You have the ability to explain abstract / complex concepts to middle & upper management, both verbally and in writing, and influence behavior.
- Technical Knowledge & Skills: You easily adapt to new technologies; demonstrate required technical skills; use technology to increase productivity. Specifically, you have a 3D printing background, are knowledgeable in a broad range of industry software applications and an advanced user in at least one 3D modeling application. You know the technical aspects of the printing equipment and enjoy teaching.
I can tell you first hand that this is a very challenging job but also a very rewarding one. You will be doing something new every day (probably more like 5 new things every day, but that is a different story); you have the freedom to push the current boundaries of the current 3D printing technology and you are expected to do so each day to meet each of your client’s unique needs. If you are looking for a 9-5 job, this is not your cup of tea, but if you are up for the challenge, NRI has an excellent benefits and PTO package for a young professional.
If you are interested, check out the job posting below or visit the NRI careers page below: